Call Paul Davis: Fighting Black Mold

Every homeowner fears black mold, but what is it? Also called Stachybotrys, black mold grows in wet spots and is most commonly seen in areas where condensation has collected or pools or standing water inside. These spores come into your home by windows, other openings or tracked on shoes and clothing. Although most fungus around your home aren't dangerous, this species leads to illness if left untreated.

Risks Behind Black Mold Exposure

Black mold is a poisonous species of fungus with airborne toxins. Symptoms include chronic coughing, irritation to the eyes, mucus membranes of the nose and throat and rashes. Other symptoms include, chronic fatigue and persistent headaches can all be symptomatic of black mold exposure or black mold poisoning. Particularly serious occasions of prolonged exposure to black mold are more life threatening. Often compounded by an allergy to the black mold spores, these symptoms can include nausea, vomiting, and bleeding in the lungs and nose.

Information about Mold

Black mold grows quickly, so you should never postpone calling a professional to inspect for mold growth. They can go unnoticed for weeks, and then spring up practically overnight. Once mold forms colonies in your living space, it immediately grows and releases toxins that make life unpleasant for inhabitants:

  • Mold emanates a pungent, musty smell that prevents rooms from smelling clean.
  • Mold causes serious problems for allergy-sensitive individuals, as well as those with asthma, causing a physical reaction.
  • A black mold infestation can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and difficulty breathing.
  • Mold toxins can trigger long-lasting inflammation and ongoing cold-like symptoms.
  • Individuals with compromised immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
  • In rare cases, mold toxins can cause neurological issues or even death.
  • The more lengthy the exposure, the greater the danger.
Unusually humid homes and offices can be subject to mold invasions even if no water damage has happened. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get a skillful opinion immediately. To get rid of mold, the environment where it flourishes must first be removed. Water sources have to be handled, and any residual moisture must be thoroughly dried out. Only then can mold elimination and remediation start. Whether a leaky roof, burst pipe, or other opening, it isn't enough to curtail the tide. Moisture can saturate out-of-sight areas of your home. Without proper cleanup procedures, mold will keep returning to these areas. If you think your home may contain black mold, reach out to Paul Davis now. Our team inspects for existence of black mold before starting treatment. You can rely on our specialists to eliminate black mold quickly. Keep your family safe, call for a black mold inspection now.